Thursday, August 6, 2009

Love & Truth



I'd like to share with all of you the tattoo I got today. This was symbolic of much of the growth and realizations I’ve experienced this past year. The poem below also explains an aspect of its representation for me. The artist who did it, Junk Roxxx, had a very gentle touch and I told him the needle felt so good, like "an angel nibbling me". He said that I was “the most animated person he had ever met”, which was a such a sweet compliment and funny considering everyone says I am like a fairy. ;)
The process was quick, about 15 minutes, and I listened to "Submerge: Til We Become the Sun" and "Pretty Wings" by Maxwell. It was a beautiful experience. Sitting in lotus my heart was very happy and my eyes teared up in gratitude. I am so thankful for those I've been blessed to encounter on my journey this lifetime and have been influential in the process.
Ok, ok ... Now that I set the scene, here's the poem..... ;)



I walk 3 steps forward.
You take 2 and 1 back.
After awhile I'm walking ahead and can't really turn back.
For if I grab your hand and pull you along,
you'll never be able to sing your own songs.
And although I'd love to continue and walk by your side,
Distinct intentions create separate paths that neither can deny.
So one of our gifts we will gently lay to rest,
To preserve the core essence of what we have left.
An essence so pure, preserved in spiritual planes.
Physical manifestation hindered by emotional aims.
I don't want you to change
If freedom is what you claim.
No more need to explain
No need to be ashamed.
And although feelings make me unable to remain
These moments may be few or extended longer the same.
For in my heart, our connection is still maintained.
What we've built is so strong, no words suffice as name.
I still Love you the same.
We are One... still the same.
So I'll proceed on my path and bow my head to you,
Honoring our bond still intact, only present in rare few.
Though the opposite direction I bravely do choose,
I'll never refute this Love and Undeniable Truth.
And for that reason,
Imprinted on me,
The symbol of all we came to be.
And always were and always will.
We are Love and Truth
United Still.

2 comments:

MAMI4LYF said...

SOOOO PASSIONATE AND ELIGHTENING WHEN 2 SOULS INTERTWINE BECOME 1 N LEAVE A MARK ON YOUR HEART AND SOUL. LOVE & TRUTH UNITED STILL...THAT WILL LIVE IN BOTH!!!

Unknown said...

Ur a wonderful& passionate writer!!! Very positive for da soul..;-)